[Samba] A conceptual question - a special samba-soluion in a cluster

danny.petterson at accenture.com danny.petterson at accenture.com
Fri Aug 31 05:37:21 MDT 2012

Hi SambaGurus!!

I have a question regarding samba+winbind in a cluster - but it is a bit tricky - any pointers would be very much appreciated:

Got a two-node cluster, using pacemaker/corosync/openais/whatever, with a resource-group which includes an IP and a shared disk, which is only active on one node at the time (failover, no ocfs2, as I don't have that much faith in it - sorry).

I have smb+winbind running on both nodes, for normal Linux-login user-integration to a Windows AD.

What I need in the cluster-resource-group is a samba-share (local users, not AD integrated), which can move with the IP and shared disk (aka the resource group).

How do I get there? What concepts should I thing lf?

Thanks in advance.

Greetings from

Danny Petterson

Subject to local law, communications with Accenture and its affiliates including telephone calls and emails (including content), may be monitored by our systems for the purposes of security and the assessment of internal compliance with Accenture policy.