[Samba] replication error?

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Thu Aug 30 21:32:38 MDT 2012

On Thu, 2012-08-30 at 09:33 -0400, Steve Thompson wrote:
> On Wed, 29 Aug 2012, Steve Thompson wrote:
>
> > On Wed, 29 Aug 2012, Steve Thompson wrote:
> > More information. If I have two DC's, dc1 and dc2, and I point ldap_uri and
> > krb5_server in sssd.conf directly at dc1, it always works. If I point either
> > of those parameters at dc2, it always fails.
>
> Well, this was a red herring. Wait long enough (overnight) and it turns
> out that dc1 stops working as well (dc2 never works). This stuff is
> unusable.

Does this configuration of SSSD work any differently against a windows
domain?  (Trial versions of windows server can be downloaded).

These issues appear to be client-side (using the wrong ticket, or
attempting to do krb5 against a name mapping to more than one server),
but with so little detail it is hard to say with clarity.

Andrew Bartlett