[Samba] Samba PDC: Admin tools?

steve steve at steve-ss.com
Thu Aug 30 11:22:01 MDT 2012

On 30/08/12 18:57, Gaiseric Vandal wrote:
> I use apache directory studio for LDAP management.  It is not samba
> specific but  it is easy enough to use existing user, group or machine
> objects as templates for new ones.  It runs on Windows and Linux (and
> maybe on Mac.)
>

> On 08/25/12 16:39, John Drescher wrote:
>> On Sat, Aug 25, 2012 at 4:34 PM, Alberto Moreno <portsbsd at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>   Guys.
>>>
>>>   I have use smbldap-tools to handle my accounts for my PDC with samba+openldap.
>>>
>>>   Now, I ask here because a lot of people have PDC running on their
>>> networks, what tools do u use to manage your openldap db for samba:
>>> users, machines, groups?
>>>
>>>   Working with Centos 6.x.
>>>
>>>   Any input will be appreciated, thanks!!!
>>>
>> I use ldap account manager to manage my users / machines / group accounts.
>>
>> John

Hi
openSUSE's yast has a really nice and little known frontend to LDAP
which handles samba objects too. You can point and click your way
through adding/deleting samba specific users and groups. It also has an
LDAP browser similar to phpldapadmin. I'm not sure if Yast will fire up
on Centos but may be worth a look.
Cheers,
Steve