[Samba] LDAP access to Samba 4

Kristofer kristofer at cybernetik.net
Wed Aug 29 13:48:56 MDT 2012

Hello,

I am currently migrating from OpenLDAP to Samba 4 PDC, and I have a webpage (PHP/Apache) available for users so that they can change their password on the existing LDAP server.

I attempted to adjust that script to change the password on the Samba 4 AD controller, but I get a "cannot connect" error to LDAP.  The web server the password script is running on is not on the same machine as the Samba 4 controller, and is not joined to the AD domain.  What is the best way to connect to the LDAP server from PHP to make this happen?  Is there something with Kerberos I need to do?  or am I going to have to fully join the machine to the domain before it can connect to LDAP?