[Samba] Phantom Domain Master Browser

Robert Adkins II radkins at impelind.com
Wed Aug 29 12:12:30 MDT 2012

Two things:

1. There is no active hosts on my network using that IP Address.

2. There are entries for the Phantom Domain Master Browser, they are
pointing to the following:

	"[Domain Name]#1c" {string of #'s} -Phantom Server IP Address-
*Current Samba Server IP Address*

	"[Domain Name]#1b" {string of #'s} -Phantom Server IP Address-
*Current Samba Server IP Address*

	There are no single entries with the phantom IP Address.

	I have also run an nmap scan of the entire network, there is nothing
listed as using the Phantom IP Address, we do not use Wireless and there is
nothing plugged into any of the network jacks that I am unaware of, every
port is accounted for.

--

Regards,
Robert Adkins