[Samba] Migrate samba to new server

Dale Schroeder dale at BriannasSaladDressing.com
Wed Aug 29 12:02:46 MDT 2012

Alejandro,

There are far too many changes between those two versions to cover here
- added parameters, deleted parameters, and default value changes.
However, a listing of changes by version can be found here:

https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samba_Features_added/changed_%28by_release%29

Following are two somewhat aged upgrade manuals:

http://www.samba.org/samba/docs/man/Samba-Guide/upgrades.html
http://www.samba.org/samba/docs/man/Samba-HOWTO-Collection/migration.html

Be sure to run testparm on the old version and save its output for
comparing with the new version.

Good luck.

Dale