[Samba] Centos 6.3 smbldap-tools installation issue

Alex Domoradov alex.hha at gmail.com
Mon Aug 27 09:31:47 MDT 2012

> Hi.
>
> I got a fresh installation of centos 6.3 x64, I want to setup a PDC
> with samba+ldap and see what I need to upgrade my centos 5.x servers.
> I follow my manual, but I got issues went I want to install
> smbldap-tools, check:
>
> Processing Dependency: perl(Unicode::MapUTF8) for package:
> smbldap-tools-0.9.5-2.el6.rf.noarch
> --> Finished Dependency Resolution
> Error: Package: smbldap-tools-0.9.5-2.el6.rf.noarch (rpmforge)
>            Requires: perl(Unicode::MapUTF8)
>  You could try using --skip-broken to work around the problem
>  You could try running: rpm -Va --nofiles --nodigest
>
>  I'm using rpmforge repo.
>
> Does someone here knows how to fix this issue?
0.9.5 it's too old. Try to use from EPEL

# yum info smbldap-tools
Available Packages
Name        : smbldap-tools
Arch        : noarch
Version     : 0.9.6
Release     : 3.el6
Size        : 309 k
Repo        : epel
Summary     : User and group administration tools for Samba/OpenLDAP
URL         : http://gna.org/projects/smbldap-tools/
License     : GPLv2+
Description : In conjunction with OpenLDAP and Samba-LDAP servers,
this collection is useful
            : to add, modify and delete users and groups, and to
change Unix and Samba
            : passwords. In those contexts they replace the system
tools to manage users,
            : groups and passwords.

And you can also directly install from off site

# yum install perl-Crypt-SmbHash perl-Digest-SHA perl-LDAP
# rpm -ivh http://download.gna.org/smbldap-tools/packages/el6/smbldap-tools-0.9.8-1.el6.noarch.rpm