[Samba] Samba rejecting Machine account auth requests.

Tom Diehl tdiehl at tntechs.com
Tue Aug 21 06:21:49 MDT 2012

Hi,

I have a samba domain with over 100 machines in it. For some reason every 30-35
days, 2 of the machines fail the trust relationship at login and need to be
removed from the domain and rejoined.

In the logs I see the following:

[2012/08/21 07:55:52.981302,  0] rpc_server/netlogon/srv_netlog_nt.c:976(_netr_ServerAuthenticate3)
   _netr_ServerAuthenticate3: netlogon_creds_server_check failed. Rejecting auth request from client RED-TEAM machine account RED-TEAM$

I am running samba 3.6.6 on a Centos-5 machine.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what could cause this or how to
troubleshoot this problem?

Regards,

--
Tom Diehl
tdiehl at tntechs.com                           SpamTrap Address mtd123 at tntechs.com

Please note: Electronic Mail is not secure, may not be read every day, and
should not be used for urgent or sensitive issues.