[Samba] User profile service hangs, very slow logon after profile migration

Mathias Hablützel mathias at msys.ch
Fri Aug 24 03:30:58 MDT 2012

I found a "solution" which solves my problem:

Start on the client gpedit.msc

Set maximum wait time for the network if a user has a roaming user
profile or remote home folder setting and configure Wait for network for
maximum option is 0 seconds under Computer
Configuration\Policies\Administrative Templates\System\User Profiles.

Activate Do not detect slow network connections under Computer
Configuration\Administrative Templates\System\Logon

This fixed my issue, the logon now takes roughly between 3-45 seconds
depending on how much data is storred in the roaming profile.

Regards,
Mathias