[Samba] samba 3.6.6 shares show as samba 3.6.3

Emmanuel Florac eflorac at intellique.com
Thu Aug 23 11:32:20 MDT 2012

Le Thu, 23 Aug 2012 18:46:49 +0200
steve <steve at steve-ss.com> écrivait:

> In windows explorer, new shares show up as samba 3.6.6 but ones I
> created before the upgrade still show the old version, 3.6.3.

Try listing them with smbclient ( smbclient -L yourhost -U username ).
If it displays everything with 3.6.6, it's some windows nuttery
(windows loves caching stuff randomly).
If it displays 3.6.3, then you didn't completely stopped then started
samba; the old binaries are still running (though gone). Stop and start
the service entirely, don't simply reload it.