[Samba] Samba4 successful deployment

felix at epepm.cupet.cu felix at epepm.cupet.cu
Wed Aug 22 14:11:43 MDT 2012

> On 22/08/12 20:00, steve wrote:
>> On 22/08/12 19:35, felix at epepm.cupet.cu wrote:
>>> I've just installed samba4 beta 7 with defaults and everything went
OK.
>>> As I download bind9.9.1 tarball and compiled it I had to follow
steve's
>>> advice:
>>> to declare we'll be using DLZ_DLOPEN_VERSION 2 in
>>> /samba-master/source4/dns_server/dlz_minimal.h
>>> /*#ifdef BIND_VERSION_9_8
>>> #define DLZ_DLOPEN_VERSION 1
>>> #else
>>> #define DLZ_DLOPEN_VERSION 2
>>> #endif
>>> */
>>> #define DLZ_DLOPEN_VERSION 2
>>> I commented the first block and then added the second block
>>> explicitly to
>>> avoid a message complaining about DLZ_DLOPEN_VERSION.
>>> GPOs seem to be working OK.
>>> DNS secure automatic updates are working OK too.
>>> I've been using:
>>> Debian 6
>>> samba4 beta 7
>>> bind9.9.1-P1
>>> ntp4.2.6p5
>>> Best regards,
>>> Felix.
>> Hola Felix
>> Ya con beta7 no hace falta cambiar el código fuente.
>> Basta con seleccionar la versión de bind, editando named.conf en la
carpeta private. ¡Un poquitín menos trabajo para nosotros jejeje! ---
--- ---
>> Not necesssary. Just change the bind version in the private directory
in named.conf.
>> Salu2,
>> Steve
> I think what Steve meant was, open /usr/local/samba/private/named.conf
in your favorite editor and change it to match your version of Bind, I
think you need to do this anyway.

> Rowland

I would like to thank Steve and Rowland for their answers.
Indeed I hadn't noticed the options available in
/usr/local/samba/private/named.conf

Thanks a lot.

Best regards, Felix.