[Samba] Access denied behaviour on samba

Matthieu ROGER m.roger at lanetcie.com
Fri Aug 17 11:19:14 MDT 2012

Hi,

I'm trying to configure samba to act as the default behaviour of a
Windows Server when user is not authorized to access to a share. Let me
explain :
- Connecting to a samba share using an account which is not in the
"valid user" section in smb.conf, Windows client prompts a
login/password window
- Connecting to a Windows share using an account which is not listed in
share permission properties, Windows client prompts an "Access Denied"
window.

I'd like to have Windows behaviour in order to script drive mapping
without caring about user permissions. With default samba behaviour,
script is waiting for a login/pass and doesn't run other drive mappings.

Best regards,

Matthieu ROGER