[Samba] Mount CIFS with multiuser option

Bastien Desalle BDesalle at TMRIUSA.COM
Thu Aug 16 14:40:20 MDT 2012

Hi,

Overview: Running redhat 6.3 kernel 2.6.32-279.
              cifs-utils : 4.8.1-10

server is connected to Active Directory and working fine. Users from AD can
log in the server and have their /home created if it is the first time.
and then when I do a Klist i have a ticket.

    Default principal: test at TMRIUSA.COM

    08/16/12 14:34:27  08/17/12 00:34:28  krbtgt/TMRIUSA.COM at TMRIUSA.COM
            renew until 08/23/12 14:34:27

then my goal is to mount at boot time. windows share that then will be
available to all the users connected to the linux server. But i am having
hard time doing it. because i encounter the following problems.

1) i am unable to mount the windows share without using a user and password
from the AD even if the share does not required a password to be mounted
because accessible to everyone.
    //server/drive  /media/M  cifs  rw,exec._netdev,auto  0  0

2) bypassing this problem by using a test user i am able to mount it.
    //server/drive  /media/M  cifs
user=test,password=test,rw,exec._netdev,auto  0  0

at this point i tried to use the multiuser option and sec=krb5 i have the
following error.
    mount error(126): Required key not available

which i don't understand because klist is telling me that i have a ticket.

So here is where I am stuck and after days looking on google for help i am
resigned to ask fo help.
Thanks in advance for your help
Much appreciated,

-----