[Samba] S4 DC S3 file server: samba-tool and net ads user problems

steve steve at steve-ss.com
Thu Aug 16 10:53:49 MDT 2012

Hi everyone

I have a S4 DC with a S3 fileserver. I want to create users and their
UninxHomeDirecory on the fileserver. I can do this with a script which
uses ldapmodify. Fine so far.

The user shows in getent passwd on the DC and in wbinfo -u on the S3 box
but does not show in getent passwd on the fileserver. The user has been
created with all his rfc2307 attributes but is invisible to winbind on
the S3 box.

I have tried restarting winbind on the S3 box but still no luck. Is
there a cache I must clear somewhere?

How can I get new users to show on the S3 box?

Cheers,
Steve