[Samba] Delete pending after open in M.Office

Dmitry MiksIr miksir at maker.ru
Wed Aug 15 11:13:39 MDT 2012

Hello!

I have so strange issue with Office files (and may be not only Office).
I can't delete file which I just closed. For example, I create new xlsx
file, open it, close it and delete it - no any errors, but after refresh
list of files - file back. If I try to access this file via smbclient -
message NT_STATUS_DELETE_PENDING.
And only if I'm restart smb - file removed from local filesystem.
Samba 3.6.7.
I played with different options alot, but no luck.

Maybe someone has already experienced this?

--
Dmitry