[Samba] Samba4: rfc2307 compatibility with Samba3

Rowland Penny rpenny at f2s.com
Wed Aug 15 02:39:37 MDT 2012

On 15/08/12 08:02, steve wrote:

>>> What is wrong with Vbox? Is Xen any smaller or faster?
>> Both smaller and faster
>> (http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=ubuntu_1110_xenkvm&num=1),
>>
>> and unlike vbox both kvm and xen provide a way to boot your virtual
>> machine at the boot of the host.
>
> Hi
> Thanks for the link. Unfortunately Vbox is the only VM which has 32bit
> support. The others need 64bit, which we don't have:(
> I'll ask on the openSUSE list to see if there is any workaround.
> Cheers,
> Steve

Hello Steve, you seem to be working on the same thing as I am, using
Samba4 as a domain controller.
I initially tried your set up and found the problems that you have, this
is where we seem to have forked off in different directions. You seem to
be chasing using Winbind and NFS, whilst I went with Winbind and Pam_mount.

I am only using one server running samba4, with Pam-mount I can mount
any users unixhomedir (wherever that may be) from the server onto the
clients (like windows profiles) via the use of groups and can also mount
the dropbox share which shows up in the users home directory.

If you are interested, I can supply you my notes to try it out yourself.

believed to be clean.