[Samba] Problem joining Samba4 beta5 as DC to exisitng AD domain with Exchange 2010

Paul Tabashov ptabashov at pontis.biz
Sat Aug 11 22:09:16 MDT 2012

Hi,

  I am having a problem provisioning Samba4 beta5 as ADC in existing Active Directory domain.

The error I get is below:

../source4/dsdb/samdb/ldb_modules/linked_attributes.c:164: Failed to find GUID for dn (null)
replmd_op_callback failure. Error is: Invalid DN syntax
Failed to apply records: Failed to find GUID for (null): Invalid DN syntax
Failed to commit objects: WERR_GENERAL_FAILURE
ERROR(<type 'exceptions.TypeError'>): uncaught exception - Failed to process chunk: NT_STATUS_UNSUCCESSFUL

>From what I see when I get the debug output, the failure occurs when processing linked attribute for DN like below:

dn: CN=Default,CN=OWA Mailbox Policies,CN=XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX,CN=Microsoft Exchange,CN=Services,CN=Configuration,DC=xx,DC=xx

and specifically attribute with name msExchOWATranscodingFileTypesBL

I am no expert on AD and its inner workings, but can get any necessary info if someone was to point me in the right direction.

I am not sure if this is an issue with my AD or is it issue/bug with Samba4, so any help will be appreciated and I would be happy to assist with debugging this if it is a bug.

Thanks!