[Samba] Samba 3.3.4 - Win7 Latency with MS Office files

Gaiseric Vandal gaiseric.vandal at gmail.com
Thu Aug 9 07:50:03 MDT 2012

Did you try enabling the name service caching daemon on the server?
(has its pros can cons.)

I would also try XP+Office 2010 and WIn 7+ Office 2007 to see if you can
shake out which is the actual problem.

Also, can you configure office to store temp files on the local PC, and
not the same directory as the office file is located.