[Samba] Samba 3.3.4 - Win7 Latency with MS Office files

John Goubeaux goubeaux at education.ucsb.edu
Wed Aug 8 14:51:58 MDT 2012

Folks,

I am running a  3.3.4 version of  Samba ( stand alone) on Solaris 10
configured to auth against  LDAP for user auth and have recently,
after migrating a variety of user desktops to Win7 and MS Office
2010,  began seeing an increased latency in opening files.  ie
previous 3" times are now  30-45 "

Users were previously running WinXP and using MS office 2007.

Question:  Is an upgrade to the latest stable 3.x  Ver  likely to
resolve this OR am I also missing some more stringent security
settings I need to address b/c of Win7 ?

Any ideas or clues appreciated.

-john

--
John Goubeaux