[Samba] password change problem and no logon servers available

Florian Scholz florian90 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 8 10:05:42 MDT 2012

1. Only one PDC per subnetwork (physically another town)
2. I don't know if I'm using WINS but I don't think so.
3. Yes, there are some registry settings you have to apply to Windows 7 to
make it compatible with SAMBA 3.6
4.  Yes but I don't get the temporary session message :)
5. The X-flag isn't set.

# ASTA, asta.lan
dn: sambaDomainName=ASTA,dc=asta,dc=lan
objectClass: top
objectClass: sambaDomain
objectClass: sambaUnixIdPool
sambaDomainName: ASTA
sambaSID: S-1-5-21-3963991337-2686100338-2601203207
sambaPwdHistoryLength: 0
sambaMaxPwdAge: -1
sambaLockoutThreshold: 0
sambaRefuseMachinePwdChange: 0