[Samba] winbind: uid range is ignored

steve steve at steve-ss.com
Tue Aug 7 08:10:10 MDT 2012

On 04/08/12 22:06, NdK wrote:
> Il 04/08/2012 21:13, steve ha scritto:
>

> Uh? "wide links" seems a bad idea to me... At least from a security
> perspective.
> Why a single home directory? We have a single NFS share containing
> folders for the two domains and inside those a folder for each home.
> We are trying to migrate away from that, preferring a '[homes]' share
> where users will place the data they want to have available on every PC.
> This way even Firefox should work...

Hi Diego
We have home directories like:
home2/staff
home2/students/7a
home2/students/7b

Winbind allows only one template homedir and all user home folders must
reside there (or tell me otherwise).

The only way we can have what we want is:
1. use nss-ldapd and store the true uinixHomeDirectory in AD
2. winbind. We have a symlink in template homedir to the real data. For
that we need wide links.

Cheers,
Steve