[Samba] winbind: uid range is ignored

Jonathan Buzzard jonathan at buzzard.me.uk
Sun Aug 5 04:32:21 MDT 2012

NdK wrote:
> Il 04/08/2012 12:00, steve ha scritto:
>
>>> You have many ways to obtain that "same mapping" objective. I chose to
>>> use rid 'cause I couldn't modify my AD schema. But the preferred way is
>>> extend AD schema and specify there the UIDs and GIDs.
>> You don't have to extend the schema. You can store all the rfc2307
>> attributes and objects (posixAccount, posixGroup, uidNumber,gidNumber. .
>> .) in the m$ schema that ships with S4.
> Too bad my AD controllers are M$ W2k3, w/o rfc2307 extension :( That's
> why I'm stuck with rid.

A supported version of Windows Server 2003 (aka the 2003R2) has the
RFC2307 extensions in the schema. The installation of the R2 service
pack extends the schema to include RFC2307, your windows admins simply
don't get a choice over that bit.

They don't get populated by default however so that is another battle to
be had, but it is a lot easier to win than a schema extension.

JAB.

Fife, United Kingdom.