[Samba] winbind: uid range is ignored

NdK ndk.clanbo at gmail.com
Fri Aug 3 05:07:26 MDT 2012

Il 03/08/2012 10:22, steve ha scritto:

> It doesn't seem to matter. I can have the same id range on both server
> and client. What is uid 3000027 on the server becomes uid 3000002 on the
> client.
Remember to delete all .tdb files and rejoin the machine between tests
w/ different backends, or you'll get big troubles.
Since you can control your domain, stick to ad backend. And remember to
keep uids/gids stored in AD in a "safe" range (less than 500 and ...
wooops! -- remember 0 is root, that could get squashed to nobody by NFS).

Hope reinstall brings you good news :)

BYtE,
 Diego.