[Samba] documentation for configuring folder redirection

Daniel Müller mueller at tropenklinik.de
Fri Aug 3 00:45:54 MDT 2012

You think about something like this (it is tricky beware with windows 7 it
is quiet different), done with kixtart, redirect all folders for clients
other than windows 7:

EX:

;we redirect folders tot he server

;wir setzen ein reg eintrag um zu prüfen ob wir schon was kopiert haben
;zunächst gibt es diesen Eintrag schon?

; we test on windows 7, if windows  7 no redirection

If InStr(@PRODUCTTYPE, "Windows 7")
?"@userID"

;copy "C:\Users\@userID\*"  "S:\@userID\"

else

$RETURNCODE=EXISTKEY("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\tpdc")

;if above reg key not exist create it

IF NOT $RETURNCODE=0
ADDKEY("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\tpdc")

;the following entry will be deleted after all is done

ADDKEY("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\tpdc\FIRST_LOGIN")
ENDIF
; do only when FIRST_LOGIN

$RETURNCODE=EXISTKEY("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\tpdc\FIRST_LOGIN")

;IF NOT $RETURNCODE=0 if 0 wenn the entry exists

IF  $RETURNCODE=0
;

$RETURNCODE=EXISTKEY("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\tpdc\profile_copied")
IF NOT $RETURNCODE=0
;if there is a profile folder

IF EXIST("\\tpdc\@userID\@userID\profile")

copy "\\tpdc\@userID\@userID\profile\Eigene Dateien\*" "\\tpdc\@userID\"

ENDIF

; windows 7?

IF EXIST("\\tpdc\@userID\@userID\profile.V2")

copy "\\tpdc\@userID\@userID\profile.V2\Eigene Dateien\*" "\\tpdc\@userID\"

ENDIF

;hint that Personal Folders are copied
ADDKEY("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\tpdc\profile_copied")

;set the regs on the server

WRITEVALUE("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Expl
orer\Shell Folders","Personal","\\tpdc\@userID","REG_SZ")
WRITEVALUE("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Expl
orer\Shell Folders","My Pictures","\\tpdc\@userID\Meine Bilder","REG_SZ")
WRITEVALUE("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Expl
orer\Shell Folders","My Music","\\tpdc\@userID\Meine Musik","REG_SZ")
WRITEVALUE("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Expl
orer\Shell Folders","My Videos","\\tpdc\@userID\Meine Videos","REG_SZ")

WRITEVALUE("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Expl
orer\User Shell Folders","Personal","\\tpdc\@userID","REG_SZ")
WRITEVALUE("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Expl
orer\User Shell Folders","My Pictures","\\tpdc\@userID\Meine
Bilder","REG_SZ")
WRITEVALUE("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Expl
orer\User Shell Folders","My Music","\\tpdc\@userID\Meine Musik","REG_SZ")
WRITEVALUE("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Expl
orer\User Shell Folders","My Videos","\\tpdc\@userID\Meine Videos","REG_SZ")

;jetzt sollen Server profile nicht mehr lokal gecached werden 16.07.07 wird
über ntconfig.pol abgebildet
;$PFAD="HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows
NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\"

If InStr(@PRODUCTTYPE, "Windows 7")

WRITEVALUE("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows
NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\","DeleteRoamingCache","0000001","REG_DWORD")
ENDIF

;
ENDIF
;first login delete

$RETURNVALUE=EXISTKEY("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\tpdc\FIRST_LOGIN")
IF $RETURNVALUE=0
DELKEY("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\tpdc\FIRST_LOGIN")
ENDIF

;ENDIF for Win7
ENDIF

EDV Daniel Müller