[Samba] winbind: uid range is ignored

steve steve at steve-ss.com
Fri Aug 3 00:01:21 MDT 2012

On 02/08/12 20:57, NdK wrote:
> Il 02/08/2012 18:42, steve ha scritto:
>
>> The shares are mounted via kerberized nfs on the client and _did_ map
>> correctly before this thread started.
> Are you sure you updated /etc/nnsswitch.conf to use winbind after
> purging the old Samba install?
>
> BYtE,
>   Diego.

Hi
Yes, I have

passwd: files winbind
group: files winbind

getent passwd/group works fine. I get the names and coresponding uid:gid
numbers within the range specified in smb.conf but all I get when I list
files on the nfs share, are numerical uid:gid values. I want those
values to be DOMAIN\username DOMAIN\group rather than numerical values.

How do I do that?

The uid:gid values are not in the range set in smb.conf. They are the
uid:gid values in idmap _on the server_. Its as if nsswitch is ignoring
winbind.

Cheers,
Steve