[Samba] winbind: uid range is ignored

steve steve at steve-ss.com
Thu Aug 2 09:45:39 MDT 2012

On 02/08/12 17:14, Bjoern Baumbach wrote:
> Hi Steve,
>
> please use "idmap config * : range = ..." instead of idmap uid/gid.

Thanks Jonathan and Bjoern
I have that now.

I chose:
idmap config * : range = 30000-40000

I have deleted the winbind files from /var/lib/samba and
/var/cache/samba and restarted smbd and winbind but the idmap ranges are
still at the old values. In fact they are the same numerical values as
on the DC e.g.

-rw-r--r-- 1 3000037 20513 0 Aug  2 17:34 file1

Back on the DC/fileserver that is correctly mapped as:

-rw-r--r-- 1 POLOP\steve2 Domain Users 0 Aug  2 17:34 file1

Is there a cache somewhere else? I have even totally purged the whole of
samba and reinstalled from nothing but still the old values reappear.
How do I lose the old values so it accepts my new range and maps the
files correctly as humanly readable uid:gid pairs rather than numbers?
nscd is not active.

cheers
Steve

/etc/samba/smb.conf