[Samba] Samba solaris 8 package with Windows 2008 support?

Gaiseric Vandal gaiseric.vandal at gmail.com
Thu Aug 2 08:20:29 MDT 2012

You can check for a precompiled version on blastwave.org.  It looks like
sunfreeware.com doesn't have the Solaris 8 binaries online anymore.  I
suspect you will have to compile from source which can be a major PITA
on solaris.     (if you look for other posts from me on this list  you
will see this.)

You may be better off moving to Solaris 10, which includes Samba 3.5.x
-  depending on how old your hardware is.     I have a 5 year old Sun
V210  ( 1 GB RAM?)   running Solaris 10 comfortably