[Samba] 'x' bit always set?

NdK ndk.clanbo at gmail.com
Wed Aug 1 09:05:02 MDT 2012

Il 01/08/2012 16:07, Jonathan Buzzard ha scritto:

> You are wrong, mount your file system with extended attributes enabled
I already do that :)
> and then add the following to your smb.conf

> # store DOS attributes in extended attributes
>         ea support = yes
Ops... missed this...
>         store dos attributes = yes
That one is already there
>         map readonly = no
>         map archive = no
>         map system = no
And I removed these during the tests...

Tomorrow I'll try. But I can't understand why it changes the x bit even
when copying from/to a Linux machine... Doesn't that break a lot of
Linux clients?

Tks a lot!

Now I should "only" discover what's breaking gid-to-name resolution and
I'll be set to offer 5TB+ of space to our students :)

BYtE,
 Diego.