[Samba] Tools

Charles Tryon charles.tryon at gmail.com
Mon Apr 30 13:06:02 MDT 2012

There are some very nice NAS "appliances", but these are essentially GUI
front ends for Samba 3.  Then there are also complete solutions such as
ClearOS, which try to do the whole "small business server" thing, including
an embedded Samba server.  They have plans to support Samba4, but I don't
know their timeline.  The down side of this is, it pretty much locks you in
to whatever Alpha version they choose to include.

On Sat, Apr 28, 2012 at 6:50 AM, steve <steve at steve-ss.com> wrote:

> On 27/04/12 21:40, sandy.napoles at eccmg.cupet.cu wrote:
>
>> Helo list, there is some tool to admin samba4 active directory users and
>> gpo under linux, for examplo in windows thereis a adminpack, in linux
>> thereis something as adminpack?????
>> PD: I do not like phpldapadmin
>> salu2s
>>
>>  Resara have quite a nice front end for Linux called Admin Console:
>
> http://www.resara.org/index.**php?option=com_content&view=**article&id=49<http://www.resara.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=49>
> The source is here:
> https://bitbucket.org/resara/**resara-server/downloads<https://bitbucket.org/resara/resara-server/downloads>
>
> salu2,