[Samba] mutex.tdb locking errors on Solaris 10

Kirk S. S.Kirk at soton.ac.uk
Thu Apr 26 08:49:37 MDT 2012

Hi,

This is a member server. We also already have nscd running on our Solaris systems.

We are using autofs to mount the filesytems. The main reason this was implemented originally is that we had a performance problem when all of these clients were served from a single a machine. I'm not 100% sure that we identified the problem correctly however it appeared to be a problem scaling samba beyond a certain number of concurrent connections or smbd processes hence an extra machine to serve samba connections.

We have not tried the version of Samba currenlty shipping with Solaris - we've found a lot of problems with it in the past integrating with AD. As it currently stands, single sign-on works but there is a CNAME that the clients are pointing to which doesn't seem optimal but does work. I take it you're using the version shipped with Solaris - update 10 to 3.5.10 I guess?

Thanks,
Steve