[Samba] SAMBA-FREERADIUS-LDAP

Helmut Hullen Hullen at t-online.de
Thu Apr 26 02:55:00 MDT 2012

Hallo, stefano,

Du meintest am 26.04.12:

> The LAN has a computer room with 30 pc Ubuntu.
> In addition to these there are others computers will can connect to
> the LAN using wireless connection and they can have differents
> operating systems (Mac, Windows, Ubuntu).
> I want that every user can connect using a computer of the room or
> his own computer. Every user will be registered on the LDAP server.
> I want that every user will have his home directory on the server and
> not on the client.

We try/evaluate a solution for this problem on/in some schools.
No "freeradius", no LDAP.

The clients try to login into the samba domain on the Linux-/Samba
server, they must have a linux-/samba account on this server. That's
all.

No Microsoft domain, no machine account or so. Quite simple.

The next probably problem (not related to samba): the server also works
as a communication server, as a proxy server for surfing. We have
defined that using the proxy server requires an authentication (with the
linux account) - it works.

No Microsoft domain, no winbind etc.
The client works as a kind of thin client. It must have an OS which can
mount samba shares - that's enough.

Viele Gruesse!
Helmut