[Samba] Synchronizing multiple samba servers

Christian Rost christian.rost at rocon-it.de
Wed Apr 25 02:49:19 MDT 2012

>Is it possible to use rsync instead? i saw that there is a -u option.

What you need is a bidirectional file-sync. Even it can be improvised with rsync, unison is the better choice. Unison is based on rsync and syncs files in both directions automatically, and to be on the safe side, it can be set to resolve conflicts manually.

Cheers,

Christian
Dipl.-Ing. Christian Rost
roCon - Informationstechnologie