[Samba] fetch_share_mode_unlocked no share_mode record around (file not open)

lejeczek peljasz at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Apr 24 07:00:13 MDT 2012

hello everybody

I've have a silly windows app, java based, that complains
always when sourcing from read-only share
complains like this ".. File is in-use by another process .."

now, app does not write anything back to the share thus
share is 'read-only' plus there are some other reasons for
read-only

I wonder would it be possible to somehow fool the app by
tweaking samba?
debugging locking throws lots of:

fetch_share_mode_unlocked: no share_mode record around (file
not open)

many thanks