[Samba] Samba4 primaryGroupID attribute

steve steve at steve-ss.com
Mon Apr 23 16:35:30 MDT 2012

Hi
Coming from Linux, I'm struggling my way through this stuff.

e.g. on my domain, the group suseusers has a SID of:
S-1-5-21-1463437245-1224812800-863842198-1128

Could anyone give me a yes/no/probably/absolutely-ridiculous on any of
these?
-User steve has a primaryGroupID: 1128
-steve is a member of suseusers
-suseusers was the 128'th SID to be allocated
-given only the SID above, you could not identify it as a group
-it could equally well have been a user
-or a computer
-1128 is called a RID
-if I change 1128 to that of another group, steve changes primary group
to that of the other group
-I only need change the 1128. LDAP does the rest
-If I change it to that of a user, LDAP will reject the idea
-users begin life with primaryGroupID 513

I think it's nearly there your patiece.so tia for
Cheers,
Steve