[Samba] After Samba upgrade, trust relationship always fails

Eric Evans eje4 at cornell.edu
Mon Apr 16 14:13:54 MDT 2012

Hi again folks,

I finally got this problem fixed, although why it is fixed I don't know.  What I did was to change the name of the domain in the smb.conf file, then delete my client from the old domain and join it to the renamed domain.  Then the logins worked!  I don't know why just changing the domain name would have this effect though.

Eric