[Samba] Problems accessing Windows shares 3.5.8 vs 3.6.3

Gaiseric Vandal gaiseric.vandal at gmail.com
Mon Apr 16 07:40:45 MDT 2012

Had you compiled 3.5.8 from source, or was this the Sun bundled
person.   You may have noticed that Oracle provides 119757-21  /
119758-21 to upgrade to 3.5.10, although I don't see anything in the
readme about it fixing issues with Win 2008 R2.

Does smbclient work if you specify host IP instead of host name?    I
found  compiling Samba on Solaris to be very difficult.    I had issues
with remote clients that could connect by IP but not by name.
Problems went away with the Oracle provided build.

What happens if you create an anon share on the win server and then try
connecting with out specifying a user name?

Did you try watching the traffic with tcpdump?  Are the win machines
responding at all?   Are there entries of interest in the Windows server
logs?     Is samba trying to use NTLMv2 ?