[Samba] issue with samba on NTLMv2

Chu, Ronald RONALD.CHU at schwab.com
Fri Apr 13 13:42:39 MDT 2012

hey all.  we are running samba 3.5.4 on AIX but when client upgrade to Win 7.. none of the client  on window can see the share drive on AIX.

the error said "window cannot access "servername" ..  i know it is group policy causing the problem  and

once i took out "computer configuration -> windows settings -> security settings -> local policies -> security options -> network security:minimum security for NTLMSSP based client" to not defined.. it started working..

unfortunate, it is group policy that we can't disabled it or changeing it for everyone..

Do you guys have any idea where i can fix the problem?

thanks

ronald chu
Charles Schwab