[Samba] SerNet has created an open source Samba4 appliance for early testing

Arnold Krille a.krille at b-c-s.de
Fri Apr 13 06:49:13 MDT 2012

Hi,

On 13.04.2012 12:49, Michael Adam wrote:
> The Samba Team is working towards getting a Version 4.0 released.
>
> In oder to ease testing of the Active Directory features of
> Samba4, even for people who don't want to download and compile
> the source code, SerNet (http://www.sernet.de/) has created a
> software appliance based on current Samba master snapshots.

By pure coincidence (and because it was announced at cebit) I downloaded
that appliance yesterday and took it for a first test drive.
First problem: I can't change /etc/resolv.conf, neither as user sernet
nor as user root nor from a grml-cd. And as the dns resolving is wrong,
I can't access the appliance from anything but the (virtual) local gui.
And I can't install/update other packages.
Which leaves me rather clueless with the whole package...

Any advice?

Have fun,

Arnold
--