[Samba] Transfer speed

Emmanuel Florac eflorac at intellique.com
Mon Apr 9 05:17:31 MDT 2012

Le Mon, 09 Apr 2012 01:11:53 -0500 vous écriviez:

> Assuming your future 10GbE network is configured and tuned perfectly,
> you'll need a disk that can push over 1,000 MB/s sustained data rate
> to fill the 10GbE pipe.

As a side note, using the same samba version as the OP, I've sustained
750 MB/s on a 10 GigE link without much tuning, backed with 32
SATA disks and using either windows 7 or 2008R2 as clients. I couldn't
come even remotely close to these numbers using either Linux or windows
XP as clients.