[Samba] Transfer speed

Azerty Ytreza 007liamg007 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 8 19:08:44 MDT 2012

Hello,

I have a little problem which I can't solve with Samba used under Debian
Squeeze. (version of Samba : 3.5.6)
I made a transfer speed between Samba server and a samba mount on the same
PC copy to RAM and the same file directly to RAM.

1. HDD to RAM => 105-115Mo/s

2. Shared the same HDD directory with samba and mount to "/media" locally
with (mount -t smbfs) :
Samba to RAM => 60-67Mo/s

3. From a remote PC under Windows : ~60Mo/s

How Samba can divide by almost two the bandwidth ? (105Mo/s HDD and 60Mo/s
Samba)

I have already changed that to Samba which have up my bandwidth from
~55Mo/s to ~60Mo/s :
**************************************
socket options = TCP_NODELAY IPTOS_LOWDELAY SO_SNDBUF=262144
SO_RCVBUF=262144 SO_KEEPALIVE
min receivefile size=16348
use sendfile=true
aio read size = 643638
aio write size = 643638
aio write behind = true
dns proxy=no

Someone have an idea how I can increased speed of Samba to almost 100Mo/s ?
(I can understand than the 10% is lost by different protocol but 40-50% no
:( )
10Gbits should come and can't sustain 1Gbits ? :(

Thank you in advance for your reply !

Best Regards,
Jean