[Samba] macro characters with pdbedit ?

Moray Henderson Moray.Henderson at ict-software.org
Wed Apr 4 02:55:47 MDT 2012

You could hard-code each user name into the Logon Script using a shell script to loop through the user database and pick out the names:

  for u in `pdbedit -L | cut -d: -f1`; do
    [[ $u =~ \\$ ]] && continue    # Filter out machine accounts
    echo pdbedit -S logon_$u.cmd -u $u
  done

If it looks like the pdbedit commands are correct, remove the "echo".

Otherwise, you could try setting --script to whatever it gets when it picks up its value from "logon script" in smb.conf.

Moray.
“To err is human; to purr, feline.”