[Samba] Won't execute LOGON.CMD?

Charles Tryon charles.tryon at gmail.com
Tue Apr 3 10:23:54 MDT 2012

This seems like such an easy thing, I must be missing something obvious...
  :-(

I'm working on migrating a domain from S2 to S4 and running the samba_tool
script.  All my users are coming across fine (though I'm not sure why all
the old system accounts like "ssh" and "daemon" and "halt" are getting
created... another issue).  I am using a FreeNAS appliance for my file
sharing, which is also working quite nicely.  I'm now trying to set up some
attributes which didn't get created by the script, such as the home
directory and logon script.

In "AD Users and Computers", I open a user's attributes and under the
"Profile" tab, I add connect "H:" drive to "\\freenas\%USERNAME%" and set
logon script to: "\\samba4\sysvol\mydomain.org\scripts\LOGON.CMD"

The next time I log in as that user, the home drive map is correct, but the
logon script does not appear to run.  If I copy-n-paste the file name into
explorer, it immediately runs without any problem.

Is this a Windows profile setup issue or a server permissions issue?  What
setting am I missing???

--
    Charles Tryon