[Samba] Samba4 how to get a reverse dlz zone

Kai Blin kai at samba.org
Tue Apr 3 07:14:41 MDT 2012

On 2012-04-03 14:04, steve wrote:

> I want the reverse lookup for my Linux clients. As far as I can
> see, the only way I can get the reverse lookup working is to use
> static IP. I want my Linux clients using DHCP as do the windows
> clients. Can it be done? Is it easier if I switch to SAMBA_INTERNAL
> perhaps?

What I'm saying is that it should make no difference if you run the
BIND DLZ or the internal server. No idea what DHCP client you're
using, and how that does DNS updates. If your DHCP client is able to
do GSS-TSIG updates against windows, it should be able to do the same
against Samba4. If the DHCP client can't update, you'll have to figure
out how to fix the client side of things.

> I just want a reverse lookup in the same way that forward lookup
> and update works for windows.

And I'm saying that it should work the same way, from the server side
of things.

Cheers,
Kai

--