[Samba] Samba4 how to get a reverse dlz zone

steve steve at steve-ss.com
Tue Apr 3 06:04:58 MDT 2012

On 03/04/12 11:13, Kai Blin wrote:
> On 2012-04-03 06:45, steve wrote:
>
>> Thanks. That's good news. But for that to work, I would need to
>> have a fixed IP for each client no?
>
> No idea about the BIND stuff, but in principle if there's a reverse
> zone in DNS, the windows clients will try to update that when updating
> their forward entry. Sans TKEY/TSIG, I've seen this working just fine
> with the internal DNS. I see no reason why it shouldn't work with BIND.
>
> Cheers,
> Kai

Hi Kai
I want the reverse lookup for my Linux clients. As far as I can see, the
only way I can get the reverse lookup working is to use static IP. I
want my Linux clients using DHCP as do the windows clients. Can it be
done? Is it easier if I switch to SAMBA_INTERNAL perhaps?

I just want a reverse lookup in the same way that forward lookup and
update works for windows.

Cheers,
Steve