[Samba] samba4 DNS error when joining domain

steve steve at steve-ss.com
Mon Apr 2 11:25:59 MDT 2012

El 02/04/12 07:11, Matthieu Patou escribió:
> Steve,
> On 04/01/2012 09:14 AM, steve wrote:

>> Then, after:
>> net ads keytab create
>> everyone can work fine.
>>
> The title seems to indicate samba4 when the body seems to indicate samba 3.
> Am I guessing right that you have this problem with a samba 3.x with
> samba 4 acting as a AD DC.
>
> If so with which version of samba3 do you have this problem, samba 3.5.x
> branch and early 3.6 have this problem even with MS AD, fix are present
> in the master git tree to fix this problem.
>
> Matthieu.

Hi
  I installed the samba-client rpm (openSUSE 12.1) simply to get the net
command as an easy way to make a keytab fr the client. My Linux users
have their posix attributes stored in s4 ldap and need the machine key
for nfs.

As I say, everything works but I was concerned about the error message.
Cheers,
Steve