[Samba] Samba 4 Permission

Charles Tryon charles.tryon at gmail.com
Fri Sep 30 18:48:20 MDT 2011

If the "valid users" directive is no longer used, is there some sort of
equivalent in Samba4?

I haven't been able to find a list of currently working directives for
shares on Samba4.  I'm beginning to see why you still need a samba3 server
-- it appears that much of the control over properties of shares has yet to
make its way into samba4.  Is this accurate?

On Thu, Apr 28, 2011 at 8:18 PM, Andrew Bartlett <abartlet at samba.org> wrote:

> On Wed, 2011-04-27 at 12:37 +0200, L.P.H. van Belle wrote:
> > add in the [homes]
> > force user = %U
> >
> > then only the user can access its own folder.
>
> That's a very dangerous setting - it will do exactly the opposite of
> what you want.  You probably mean 'valid users = %U'
>
> In any case, both settings are not supported in Samba4.
>
> Andrew Bartlett
>
> --
> Andrew Bartlett                                http://samba.org/~abartlet/
> Authentication Developer, Samba Team           http://samba.org