[Samba] can't turn on wide links in homedir

Linda Walsh samba at tlinx.org
Wed Sep 14 19:16:53 MDT 2011

 Jeremy Allison wrote:
> I didn't like re-enabling the feature as it re-introduces something
> that was widely regarded as a security hole,
People widely regarded the earth as flat ....and ... well sometime ago,
as in some areas, as only 6000 years old...

--
*sigh*...

> I'm just fed up of discussing it. As you are one of the sites
> who vociferously requested this option back in the code (even
> to the extent of opening a bug and writing a patch) then let's
> just leave things as they are. I won't respond again on this
> topic, I have far too many other things to do.

----
    Oh...ok...well, ... um... thanks?  I think?

    :-)

(still wish I could help you deal with the idiots who think the world is
flat...but I'm rarely if ever a good convincer of anything, even though
what I say is often valid )...*sigh*

I think my nick should have been
Cassandra...