[Samba] can't turn on wide links in homedir

Linda W samba at tlinx.org
Wed Sep 14 17:28:43 MDT 2011

But what if we didn't need the option in the first place?

(i.e. the workaround code?)...

Wouldn't it make for a cleaner implementation to not add a hack on top
of  a hack?

I'm a perfectionist -- just just a "it'll do" type...that's why I tend
to persist.

Though if you aren't interested, you aren't interested...

What name did you choose anyway?

I'm not sure why I should declare victory...   It's not about a
battle...it's about doing the
best one can -- but there is no  triumph ... of  a over b. or such..

I don't find such to ever be a valuable attitude (though many people
engage in
'win/lose' stuff).

I prefer not to.

I  think the above reasons are partly why I get misinterpreted at times...
(that and the seemingly opposite 'lack of attention to detail -- a case of
overfocusing on one part of a problem (or the whole problem) and therefore
missing pieces...it happens.   I don't feel like I won because you
didn't feel
good about adding the option even though you got to make it a silly name.

I don't think you felt good about adding the option, but assuaged
yourself with
naming it something belligerent to users rather than descriptively and
neutrally,
(something I don't think appropriate in a user interface of the sort
samba presents),
which really -- did that make you feel 'ok' with adding the option?

If not, I didn't win.  I feel that I failed to communicate with you.

But that's me and my warped definitions...