[Samba] copy acls with getfacl / setfalc - invalid argument ....

Fink Oliver oliver.fink at ak-vorarlberg.at
Wed Sep 14 07:28:41 MDT 2011

I hav a problem porting my ACLS from my old filserver to a new one...

My old Fileserver:

I have my shares on a partition supporting acls with ext3

/dev/md0 on /data/raid type ext3 (rw,acl,user_xattr)

My new Fileserver:

/dev/md0 on /data/raid type ext4 (rw,acl,user_xattr)

Now I copied all my shares to the new Fileserver with rsync and backed
up my acls with:

getfacl -R > acls-fileserver.facl

I copyied the file "acls-fileserver.facl" to the new one and tried to
restore

all the acls to the files and directories with:

setfacl -restore=acls-fileserver.facl

There I keep getting an error

"Invalid argument in line 75635"

Sometimes sonner sometimes later.

I also had: "Invalid argument in line 14"

It seems to be if there is a ":rwx" behind the user like the following
line:

"user:MYDOMAIN/some.user:rwx"

I use getfacl / setfacl Version 2.5.1

Thanks for your help in advance!