[Samba] Samba 3.5.11 shares and downloads with IE9 on Windows 7

Thomas Bork tombork at web.de
Sat Sep 10 09:13:19 MDT 2011

Am 10.09.2011 03:22, schrieb ich:

> Internet Explorer 9 on Windows 7 cannot save files on shares from Samba
> 3.5.11, but Firefox can do this.
> With IE9 there is only a 0-Byte-file on the share.

Maybe this is a problem with delete on close on the temporary file
xxx.partial, which will be created from IE9?

The new file without '.partial' cannot be created and the
xxx.partial-file is only 0 Byte.
I have a log with debug level 10, if anybody is interested in.

The downloaded file doesn't matter - tried it for example with

http://samba.org/samba/patches/patches-3.0.37/0001-s3-schannel-client-Push-the-domain-and-netbios-name-.patch

The share has 0777 nobody.nogroup, the share definition is

[downloads]
  comment = public directory on eis2161
  path = /downloads
  force create mode = 0777